Misty Mountains Homestead
Dreaming of your next loved-up escape, without the crowds? Kick off your shoes, breathe in the fresh air and indulge in a little barefoot luxury… without any rules.
A private, eco-certified oasis tucked away in the sun-kissed rainforest, Misty Mountains Homestead offers a tranquil escape from the everyday. While only being 40 minutes from Cairns CBD and an hour from Cairns Airport, this welcoming hideaway truly feels as if it's in a world of its own, without sacrificing any of the mod-cons.
Seeming to blend into its pristine surrounds, the five-bedroom Misty Mountains Homestead has all the makings for a romantic getaway. Just moments from the natural wonders of Tropical North Queensland (including the iconic Great Barrier Reef), it's the perfect base for your exciting travels. But with incredible features like stylish entertaining areas and private retreats at your fingertips, you just might not want to leave…
Your luxury homestead features all the amenities of a five-star resort and more…
- Direct access to the rainforest and mountain stream walks
- Open-plan kitchen-formal-and-lounge area with dining space for up to 10 guests, smart television and entertaining facilities (including fully-stocked bar cart)
- Queen-size master bedroom with smart television and artist's easel
- Master en suite with large oval-shaped spa, open shower and twin vanities
- Two double bedrooms and one single bedroom
- Bathrooms with hand-made glass vanities and basins
- Family country-style self-contained kitchen with steam oven, gas cooktop and quality Miele appliances
- Sunken formal lounge area with chandelier and nine-seater lounge
- Outdoor entertaining area with enchanting fireplace
- Grand decks with sun loungers and majestic mountain views
- Impressive entrance with grand piano
- Vegetable garden and friendly farm animals (including chickens, a horse and cow)
- Tesla charing station for guests with electric car
- Helipad for helicopter flights (must organise flight with host)
Accommodates 9 guests maximum, with a seven-night stay minimum.
Discover the best of Tropical North Queensland…
Looking to do more than just hole up in luxury? There are plenty of spectacular experiences on offer to tempt you…
- Take to the skies for once-in-a-lifetime helicopter flight, with visits to the nearby Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling and a romantic picnic on a deserted sand cay (must organise with host).
- Explore the magnificent Frankland Islands when you join Frankland Islands Reef Cruises. Based just 10 minutes from Misty Mountains Homestead, the group will take you on a scenic cruise around the islands, with a guided snorkelling tour and lunch included.
- Feel totally relaxed during your stay with a rejuvenating massage in the rainforest, surrounded only by birdsong and calming breezes.
Dining and Catering
Complete the holiday idyll with an indulgent feast or seek out delicious flavours nearby…
- Treat yourselves or gather loved ones for an exquisite chef-prepared dining experience at Misty Mountains Retreat. Available when arranged prior to your stay, a private chef will impress guests at your next function or create an intimate dinner for two.
- Make a day of it and venture to the laid-back township of Cairns for a leisurely lunch or dinner. 40 minutes' drive from Misty Mountains Homestead, this summer-ready spot is beloved for its views, dining and relaxed atmosphere.